DEMOTEK MEDICAL DISPOSABLES
DEMOTEK MEDICAL DISPOSABLES have proved to be one of the most reputable brands in general hospital supplies. A wide range of top-quality iv cannula, infusion sets, syringes, tubes and minitubes.
- Integrity and Trust
- Innovation and Creativity
- Excellence and Quality
- Customer Focus
- Agility and Speed
- Patients at Heart
- Big ideas
- Taking pride
- Hypodermic syringes are marked in cubic centimeters, Milli-liters or units
- Practitioners often refer to syringes by volume of cubic centimeters they contain. For example 3cc Syringes.
- The smaller capacity syringes are used most often for subcutaneous or intramuscular injections of medication.
- The larger sizes are commonly used to draw blood or prepare medications for intravenous administration
- Syringes 20ml and larger are used to inject large volumes of sterile solutions.
- The 1ml syringe also called a tuberculin syringe marked in hundredths of a milliliter.
- There are 100lines on the syringe, each line represents 0.01mL.
- This syringe is used for intradermal injection of very small amount of substances in tests for allergies, as well as for intramuscular injection of small quantities of medication.
- The tuberculin syringes is the preferred syringes for use in measuring medications less than 1mL.
- It’s used for subcutaneous injection of insulin and are marked in Units rather than milliliters.
- The most commonly prepared concentration of insulin is 100units per milliliter.
- 100units = 1ml
- Singe-dose syringe contains the usual dose of a medication
- If a medication order is for the exact amount of drug in the prefilled syringe, the possibility of measurement error by the person administering the drug is decreased.
- In order to prevent the transmission of blood borne infections from contaminated needles, many syringes are now manufactured with various types of safety devices. For example; syringe may contain a protective sheath that can be used to protect the needle’s sterility.
- This sheath is then pulled forward and locked into place to provide a permanent needle shield for disposal following injection.
- Other may have a needle that automatically retracts into the barrel after injection
Infusion Set is a collection of sterile devices designed to conduct fluids from an intravenous (IV) fluid container to a patient’s venous system; used for gravitational intravenous administration. Synonyms: Intravenous administration set and giving set.
Infusion sets with (Burette)
Infusion sets with (Burette) are specially designed to administer measured volume of infusion fluid through gravity as well as pressure pump method
PTFE -FEB Material
|Luer Lock plug||Polyethylene|
|Wing housing :||Polypropylene|
|Catheter (Radio opaque)||PTFE (Teflon)/FEP/PUR|
|Silicon Tube:||Silicon Rubber|
|Flash Back Chamber||Polypropylene|
|Size||Color||Catheter||Catheter Length (mm)||Water Flow rate (ml./min.)||Uses||Nursing Consideration|
|I.D. mm||O.D. mm|